Epsilon Beta - Ritual of Jewels Chapter
- Thirteen members from age 50 to 80-ish.
- Most are retired from their professions, but still with lots to offer!
- Majority are married. Spouses are not included in chapter events, unless as a source of help for an event or project.
- Previous professions: Teaching, nursing, administrative, banking, office management, homemaking.
- When: Twice a month starting at 7:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday evenings of each month from September to June.
- Where: Members' homes, or other venues, depending on the program for that night. City-wide events such as Founder's Day dinner and Bingo and Bites are often designated as official meeting nights.
- Movie nights, live theatre, speakers, presentations or crafts by members according to the theme of the evening; e.g., New Year's, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween.
- Past programs have included decorating Easter eggs, trivia games, learning stress reduction techniques, soup nights, spring planting, visiting a local donkey farm, laugh therapy session, visiting the Mennonite Relieft Centre, attending dan recitals, belly dancing. The goal is to learn and have fun.
- Often combined with program activities and can be theme-based. The focus is always on fun! Examples include chapter Christmas party with a goofy gift exchange, Halloween party complete with spooky food and costumes.
- Our annual service project is Operation Christmas Child where members help to pack Christmas boxes for children in other countries. Other service efforts have included assembling toiletry boxes for Waterloo Shoebox Project, collecting socks for Toasty Toes, donating to and volunteering for Nutrition for Learning and the Mennonite Relief Centre, contributing to the Donkey Sanctuary.
- Topics include travels, gardens, spices, jewellery reburshing, health issues, health foods, Carousel Clothing, May Court and world issues
- We love to laugh, share, have fun and our sisters are very important to one another.
- We have Secret Sisters for the year.
- We have a 3 Start Rating with International.
© Kitchener/Waterloo Beta Sigma Phi 2013-19